BARK Rescue CA is a startup 501c3 foster-based animal rescue organization based in Fremont, CA. We do not have a facility to shelter the dogs so we rely 100% on foster parents. In addition to posting about the dogs that we will have up for adoptions or promoting fostering, we also want to raise awareness about various dog breeds and debunking negative stereotypes about them, as well as raising the community’s awareness about proper dog handling.
We are looking for a couple social media content creators to help build our social media presence through engaging content! We just created our Instagram account and Facebook page, so right now we are looking for content creators for those two platforms, but we are also open to creating an account in other social media platforms (namely YouTube, Tik Tok, etc). This role will also be responsible for creating the design for flyers that we will print out to hand out in in-person events.
We are aiming to have at least 2 posts a week on Instagram and Facebook (these platforms are connected to each other) and to engage with commenters on each post.
The time commitment depends on how creative you are on these posts and how good you are at researching the information (in the case of raising awareness of dog care/breeds), but ideally, a minimum of 5 hours a week (includes research on the information). We are willing to work with your schedule.
- Embodies BARK Rescue CA’s core values:
- Passionate: Have passion in animal rescue/animal welfare
- Open & Constructive: Able to share your opinions/questions/concerns in a way that builds up each other and the organization
- Collaborative & Hands-On: See each other as partners, see other rescue organizations as partners not competition, communicative & can work well with others.
- Inclusive: Believe that all pets, regardless of gender and breeds, deserve an equal chance to be loved and cared for.
- The bandwidth to do at least 1 post per week (ideally 2 posts/week)
- Must collaborate with our Blogger to promote our blog posts or for consistency in information (if the blog post topic and social media post topic are the same).
- Has experience working on the Canva digital design platform.
- Has experience with social media scheduler and scheduling posts.
If you are interested, please answer the following questions in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- How do you embody BARK Rescue CA’s core values?
- What is your weekly/monthly time commitment to BARK Rescue CA (ballpark)?
- What Social Media platform(s) do you have experience creating content in?
- Have you used Canva?
- What social media content scheduler(s) have you used?
- Please give us a few availabilities within the next 1-2 weeks for a 45-minute conversation to learn more about you & to address any question you might have about the organization and/or the role.