Dogs usually need slow and proper introduction to each other before they can play together. In order to foster a safe, trust-building environment, please follow the following rules during the 30-45 minute pack walking.
- Your dog(s) must be up to date on shots. We won’t be responsible if they’re not up to date on shots.
- Dogs must remain leashed at all times
- Leashes must be 6 feet long or shorter. No retractable leash as this can hurt yourself, your dog and others.
- No nose to nose or butt sniffing during the pack walk. There will be time for mingling at the end of the walk.
- Keep your dog at about a 6-ft distance from others during the walk. A pack walk is not playtime and not all dogs can be approached right away.
- One dog per adult. If you have two dogs then bring your spouse or a friend.
- Clean up after your dog. Bring poop bags!
- If your dog is reactive, either muzzle your dog or communicate this to the other pet owners if they want their dog to approach yours.
After the 30-40 min pack walking, there will be mingling time- this is when your dog and others’ dogs can sniff each other’s butt and go nose-to-nose.