BARK Rescue CA is a startup 501c3 foster-based animal rescue organization based in Fremont, CA. We do not have a facility to shelter the dogs so we rely 100% on foster parents. In addition to posting about the dogs that we will have up for adoptions or promoting fostering, we also want to raise awareness about various dog breeds and debunking negative stereotypes about them, as well as raising the community’s awareness about proper dog handling.
We are looking for 1 – 2 bloggers to write at least 1 blog post per month per blogger about animal welfare topics, including about specific breeds. Ideally we’d like to have at least 2 blog posts per month. The blogger will also do research on the topics and list the sources of information at the end of each blog post. The time commitment depends on the topic.
- Embodies BARK Rescue CA’s core values:
- Passionate: Have passion in animal rescue/animal welfare
- Open & Constructive: Able to share your opinions/questions/concerns in a way that builds up each other and the organization
- Collaborative & Hands-On: See each other as partners, see other rescue organizations as partners not competition, communicative & can work well with others.
- Inclusive: Believe that all pets, regardless of gender and breeds, deserve an equal chance to be loved and cared for.
- The bandwidth to do at least 1 blog post per month (ideally 2 posts/month)
- Must collaborate with our Social Media Content Creators to promote your blog post(s) or for consistency in information (if the blog post topic and social media post topic are the same).
- Has a Journalism background
- Is familiar with posting blog posts on WordPress web platform
If you are interested, please answer the following questions in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- How do you embody BARK Rescue CA’s core values?
- What is your weekly/monthly time commitment to BARK Rescue CA (ballpark)?
- How familiar are you with posting blog posts on WordPress web platform?
- Please give us a few availabilities within the next 1-2 weeks for a 45-minute conversation to learn more about you & to address any question you might have about the organization and/or the role.